You’ve launched a brand new product and the competition heats up. The business plan is laid out but as things go nowadays, the business plan looks nothing like it did when you started and it has evolved in a few key aspects only in the past few weeks. Things are moving at high speed.
Now that you have a platform where to show how awesome you are. Now that you have shipped, how do you use that to enter new markets and evolve your thinking to gain that ever so glorious first mover advantage.
- Evolve. The moment you ship is the moment you start evolving you product into something better. Better code, better UI, better content.
- Create. Innovate every step of the way. Every user experience, every line of code.
- Grow. Keep your eye in the big picture.
- Iterate. Show your users you care for them. Iterate, improve, test, release and repeat right away.
- Rethink. Don’t recreate the wheel. If you see you need to actually recreate something that exists already then shift gears. You might have found the killer app
Remember that your first mover advantage is defined by the market you target. Be the first to rethink the market and create a competitive advantage by being the first to make the world a better place.